Diabetic eye screen

Daz

Just been for one of these at Rotherham Hospital, everything is ok, no damage in the eyes and my sights normal :D

Daz

Yeah, I am, just sat at home now waiting for the effects of the eye drops to where off as its hard to drive and makes you a bit short sighted....... :roll:

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya daz,
glad it all went well,
i get a pounding head after them ruddy drops lol :D

Thirsty

At least your optician didn't try to chat you up like mine does. "Ooh, you have the most fascinating green eyes I've seen in a long time," quoth he, mincing around the room "I'm sure you get plenty of compliments."

"My wife likes them", says I, in the deepest voice I can manage.

The podiatrist is even worse. "Oh, haven't you got lovely straight toes?" I thought she was about to start sucking them.

What is it with health care workers? :shock:

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hahahaha
thanks thirsty that made me laugh and cringe :D

Blackadder

I had one last week.

They found some changes in the eyes but none of them were particularly significant and none around or in the proximity of the relevant areas of concern.

Still slightly worrying that they weren't perfect. Although as a diabetic of 34+ years should I expect them to be?

I am hoping that with the low carb normal blood sugar levels I am trying to achieve they will improve by next year.

Trinkwasser

When I go for mine the question I always ask myself is

"Whose turn is it to eat garlic?" <G>

I'm lucky, the optician uses a VERY powerful flash which doesn't require the drops, and can see instantly if the picture needs to be redone (another flash) he will only use the drops if he absolutely has to.

Congratulations on your results