Diabetic glucose testing kit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My GP practice has just changed prescription from Accuheck mobile cassette to single test system, without notice.
Has any body had the same issue and did you manage to get their decision reversed or manage to come to a compromise.

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most likely a cost issue. I think the Accu-Check cassette system is considerably more expensive than the cheaper brands. They're all pretty much of muchness in terms of accuracy. But there's no harm in asking if you can keep using your preferred system.
Or use a Libre or Dexcom instead?

Jordi77

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Most of the NHS will just tell you that they have a set amount of money and they can't afford it and that goes the same with your GP practice as it's not the doctor who you have to tell it's the the practice manager and they have their finger on the purse and they can tell you that they would rather go for the cheap blood meter as it's easier to get your sugar results from and they have the system that can do it as it was the same when they had a single blood meter system in the old days and you only had to hand over your meter and they would place it on their cable and it would come on their computer and you could see your results and so could the doctor and nurse and they would change your insulin or tablets or diet if needed and now they only do it for insulin diabetics and that's why they aim to give you a cheap blood meter and they don't like to use the expensive meters now and their test strips

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Dave the Dragon is there anything wrong with the meter that has been provided?
I assume you are using eth Accuchek Mobile meter. Another reason why your surgery may have removed support for it is that it is not longer available from Accuchek so you will not be able to get a replacement if it fails.
If you can justify why you need a more expensive cassette based meter, you may be able to justify a temporary reversal but "I prefer it" is not the kind of justification for the additional expense to the NHS (and the tax payer).