Diabetic Injection

Baba7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi my name is Alex

I have been asked to undergo diabetic Injection for my eyes. Can anyone please let me as this is my first time doing this.
Thank you and God bless.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Baba7 ,

I have had a course of anti-VGF in the eyes. The injection was very quick, it's the preparation cleaning the eye area beforehand that can seem like a long time..

You should feel nothing due to pain killing eye drops given before the injection.
You may need to wear sunglasses & a peaked hat after the treatment? But the effects of the procedure shouldn't last too long.

Wishing you the very best of luck.

Reactions: EllieM
M

Member496333

For me it was quite an unsettling process. Not painful but uncomfortable. The actual injection is like a dull ache in the eyeball. After effects can be quite nauseating at first but you’ll soon get used to it. My uncomfort peaked in the following days with weeping, gritty eye and a bruised feeling. Others seem to report no such problems so it’s a personal thing.

On balance it’s unpleasant but there are worse things. The first injection is the worst but it gets easier, and the benefits make it very much worthwhile.

Baba7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Baba7 ,

I have had a course of anti-VGF in the eyes. The injection was very quick, it's the preparation cleaning the eye area beforehand that can seem like a long time..

You should feel nothing due to pain killing eye drops given before the injection.
You may need to wear sunglasses & a peaked hat after the treatment? But the effects of the procedure shouldn't last too long.

Baba7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Baba7 ,

Thanks Kaylee for your advice. God bless.

Baba7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For me it was quite an unsettling process. Not painful but uncomfortable. The actual injection is like a dull ache in the eyeball. After effects can be quite nauseating at first but you’ll soon get used to it. My uncomfort peaked in the following days with weeping, gritty eye and a bruised feeling. Others seem to report no such problems so it’s a personal thing.

On balance it’s unpleasant but there are worse things. The first injection is the worst but it gets easier, and the benefits make it very much worthwhile.
Thanks Jim for your advice. God bless.