Diabetic kidney disease

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
I have just had a yearly appointment at diabetes clinic and the Doctor didnt flag up any problems. He gave me a print out of all my blood and urine test results going back over last 5 years. When I got home and looked at these I was a bit concerned about my urine albumin results. The latest one was 57.9 mg/l and having Googled the normal range this seems high? The result a year ago was 9.2 mg/l but looking back they have been high before, but not as high as the latest one.

My HBA1c was 6.5 and there is often a trace protein on urine dipstick test. I am on Ramipril and blood pressure is low. I have had type 1 for 42 years.
Should I be worried? I wish I hadn't looked at them now :?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, do you have your number for your eGFR? this is a good indicator or CKD i believe, normal is 90 or above

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Andy12345 said:
hi, do you have your number for your eGFR? this is a good indicator or CKD i believe, normal is 90 or above

Mines in the low 50's and the toilet bowl looks like bubble bath when i go for a slash :cry:

They won't give me any higher dose of ramipril either so looks like apart from frequent blood and urine tests-I'm on my own with it.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im at 60 and been told they wont even look at it until it gets worse :shock: terrific! lol

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Andy12345 said:
im at 60 and been told they wont even look at it until it gets worse :shock: terrific! lol

Agreed 100% mate ! It totally sucks indeed ! In the meanwhile I'm trying to keep my protein intake low and my fat intake high to keep it at bay {hopefully}

Best

Paul

cally

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

No that test is not on the list. I think I am going to make an appointment with my GP and discuss it with her.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i always book my blood tests with dsn they are more of a pushover than my doc who doesnt seem to have a compassionate bone in hes body, i always ask for full blood screen and try to look like ill break down and cry right there if i dont get it :cry: