Diabetic Maculopathy & Retinopathy

cyrryan

Hi
I am type 1 diabetic on daily injections for past 35 years. My eye consultant is treating me for eye conditions since 2015. I suffer from Bilateral mild focal exudative maculopathy, left mild preproliferative diabetic retinopathy and background diabetic retinopathy, left amblyopia. I have evidence of neovascularisation present in both eyes . Treatment has included Laser and currently eye injections into both eyes. Presently, I am on a new course of injections. Recently, I came across a website recommending the Noctura Polyphotonix mask for my condition. I discussed with my eye doctor but they have never heard of it. I am wondering if others have opinions or recommendations etc on this product. Is there an alternative to eye injections? My consultant said that I will probably require these injections for the rest of my life. I am just 50 years of age and would hate to lose my licence. It seems scary that there is no alternatives even tablets!!
I have questions
Two questions spring to mind
1) is your eye disease at a stage which the treatment helps
2) does the treatment help?
3) Would any recommend the above new treatment and costs?

• Hug
Reactions: Helen40 and filly

Helen40

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hwll8, I would definitely persist with injections, my eyes wete stable and my consultant stopped them for over 1 1/2 years, I'm now back to square one, lots of hemmorhages and needing lots of laser. No vision currently in my left eye, I'm 48 and it's terrifying isn't it! I have changed gospital and have a great new consultant who straightaway prescribed injections for oedema and to prevent new growth, laser first to burn away existing ones. I can only give you my experience but I think the injections ate sight saving and well worth the effort.

It sounds fairly mild for you just now and I wish you every luck you remain that way, you can - with the right treatment x

Reactions: RobynV