Diabetic proliferative retinopathy

Becks33

Has anyone ever had this? I have no definition vision in my left eye and any laser treatment doesn’t seem to be working my BG control has never been great and I’ve had diabetes for 15 years I’m 24 now and have had my driving liscence taken due to my eyes - will this get better advise and help needed please thank you xxx

Ktmpedro220

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Horrible to hear that it's got quite bad. You've answered one part yourself. You need to get your control under control. It'll help with everything. Not saying it'll solve it but future complications can be lessened. I have had Lazer treatment a few times to one of my eyes. It has helped but having decent control has helped and also lessened my other eye from issues, so control does help. Sorry.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yes. I’ve had T1 for two decades and my last screen came back with it. I worked really hard to get my sugars under control and have maintained effectively non diabetic levels for over a year now - and when I went for the follow up deep scans, they found the damage had healed. You can hopefully reverse it but it’s imperative that you get your levels sorted. Sending hugs x