Diabetic Psychologist reviews

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Second hour today.

I feel like I’ve done it all, seen it all, know it all.
I have never understood therapy, I could never need it, I absolutely could never be helped by it.

Then I meet an angel, a real life bona fidi angel, living amongst mortals, pretending to be a psychologist.

I am left dumbstruck by a whole new level of kindness and understanding. Will it help? (Considering I didn’t think I needed it) No idea but I think it just might.

I have learned a huge lesson, I haven’t done it all, seen it all or know anything.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
There is a difference between psychologists and psychiatrists. The -ologists are trained on watching how animals react to stimuli (prod them and see how they react) and the -iatrists in USA are the ones with the couch and the dialogue, but in UK they just deal with supplying medications and hospital admittance / sectioning.

Sometime it is indeed a case of physician heal thyself. A prime example of "it pays to be mad to work here". My late wife got on well with her advisors, and ended up painting their portraits.

I would just like to say that the three or so psychologists in my family where not trained in that manner at all and being the only person who my brother in law allowed to read his thesis on language acquisition I was pretty impressed with it, well the parts I was able to understand any way.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Second hour today.

I feel like I’ve done it all, seen it all, know it all.
I have never understood therapy, I could never need it, I absolutely could never be helped by it.

Then I meet an angel, a real life bona fidi angel, living amongst mortals, pretending to be a psychologist.

I am left dumbstruck by a whole new level of kindness and understanding. Will it help? (Considering I didn’t think I needed it) No idea but I think it just might.

I have learned a huge lesson, I haven’t done it all, seen it all or know anything.
I love this response, good on you!

Reactions: Fenn