Diabetic Retinopathy and Excerise

Jimmy37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
watching arsenal loose
Hello Everyone. I have read that HIIT Training is not good if you have diabetic retinopathy. Basically the high intensity level of the training can cause the blood vessels in the eyes to burst which could lead to blindness. I like do HIIT Training. I do about 3 times a week for 15 minutes. Now I am scared I will go blind if I continue. I follow a low carb diet, intermittent fasting and Excerise. I am after some advice on what to do now. Also has anyone heard about the effects of HIIT Training on Diabetic Retinopathy. My doctors does not seem to know much. My last visit my Nurse encourage me to start excerise to get my blood sugar under control. So I don't know what to believe or do. Please Help

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Blood vessels become brittle with blood sugar that is too high. If you can better manage it into a better level then they are less brittle. So tell us this- how high is high? What’s your a1c?

Again if you can manage your blood sugar down, the smallest blood vessels will become less brittle.

Reactions: oldgreymare

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HIIT is renowned for pushing blood sugars up. I understand it as my liver notices the exercise and pushes out more glucose but each set is not longer enough for my muscles to become more efficient at using the insulin.
Have you tried more prolonged exercise?

Jimmy37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
watching arsenal loose
Blood vessels become brittle with blood sugar that is too high. If you can better manage it into a better level then they are less brittle. So tell us this- how high is high? What’s your a1c?

Again if you can manage your blood sugar down, the smallest blood vessels will become less brittle.
My last A1C was 59.I am trying to bring it down with Low Carb diet and more exercise

Reactions: Jollymon