Diabetic Retinopathy.

Craig1978

Sorry, another advice thread from me!

I'm having a bit of a bad run with things at the moment, especially with my DVLA sagas as mentioned on here.

I attended my eye screening about a fortnight ago, and received a letter today basically stating that I have severe, sight threating retinopathy!! Now this has come as a little bit of a shock, especially as I had a sight test at my opticians in Jan this year, including photography, and that everything was fine! I've been straight back to my optician tonight for clarity, and it appears that I have been sent a generic letter and that some changes may have been picked up by the NHS. My optician also stated that she would have refered me to hospital immediately if she had picked up on anything severe at all.

Now, I understand that changes can occur, but even my Optician was suprised at the tone of the letter, as to go from ok to this in 3 months is not common at all.

I am now waiting for an appointment at the Hospital, but just wondered if anyone on here had been through similar, and what where the outcomes?