Diabetic retinopathy

paulmgsmith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey All,

I would like to create a discussion if possible regarding diabetic retinopathy that i am currently suffering from.

I am 33 year years old and have been a diabetic since i was 9 years old.

In August 2022 i gained a problem with my eye sight which turned out to be a condition which is now taking over my life and mentally getting to me amd wondered who else has been tlin this situation before.

I have undertaken various laser eye surgery procedures to try and cure this problem however it seems ive got a long road ahead of me were most of the time im pretty much blind meaning i cant drive, cant work my job easily and just generally struggle.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone who would like to share there story or give me any friendly advise.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Smith

Mathewted

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Paul, it's so sad to hear stories like yours.

I've lost about 70% (my estimate) eyesight myself because retinal scarring from retinopathy and laser pulled at them and they detached. Thus I'm fortunate to have some sight

Are your glucose levels ok. Before the sight loss (and other co-morbidities) I was not given much lifestyle guidance but since then (2013) I re-educated myself in nutrition and lifestyle coaching and have had non-diabetic HbA1c levels for a few years now.

I do hope you've had some encouraging news from your hospital consultations since February and will check back in to see any updates or contact me for a chat if it helps.

ATB
Mat

Reactions: oldgreymare

mansingh01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey All,

I would like to create a discussion if possible regarding diabetic retinopathy that i am currently suffering from.

I am 33 year years old and have been a diabetic since i was 9 years old.

In August 2022 i gained a problem with my eye sight which turned out to be a condition which is now taking over my life and mentally getting to me amd wondered who else has been tlin this situation before.

I have undertaken various laser eye surgery procedures to try and cure this problem however it seems ive got a long road ahead of me were most of the time im pretty much blind meaning i cant drive, cant work my job easily and just generally struggle.

I look forward to hearing back from anyone who would like to share there story or give me any friendly advise.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Smith

Have you tried the feel great system? Check it out on tick tick. Helps with craving

Reactions: oldgreymare