Diabetic review with the nurse

Liam8668

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Well my review with the news went ok this morning. My HBA1c has gone from 64 to 63 so only 1 down but it’s down. Advised to review my eating and excersize and go back in 6 months.
I was diagnosed 4 years ago with HBA1C of 48 put on metformin 4 per day. Got given linagliptin last July.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I am missing something here.
You were diagnosed 4 years ago with a reading of 48, which is right on the line, and for the last year or it's gone up to 63-64, which equates to an average blood glucose of 10 mmol/l.
What have you been eating and what exercise have you been doing?

and you don't have diabetes.... according to your status?

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my review with the news went ok this morning. My HBA1c has gone from 64 to 63 so only 1 down but it’s down. Advised to review my eating and excersize and go back in 6 months.
I was diagnosed 4 years ago with HBA1C of 48 put on metformin 4 per day. Got given linagliptin last July.

Liam, greetings, you might want to update your sig, you are part of the club with an A1c of 63.
T2 is seen as a progressive chronic condition as you know yourself from going from 48 to 64 in 4 years.
That progress though can be halted, or even reversed with the correct dietary & lifestyle choices.

Have you tried low carb ?
Have you got a meter ?
Have you attended any courses ?
Are you active on any online forums ?

The thing about the meds is that they only mask the underlying problem & often need increasing over time.
The longer your pancreas beta cells are subject to continually high glucose levels the more they die off because of stress.
You can break this cycle, it's all up to you