Diabetic Review

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just had a call from the doctor who delivered the news that my A1C is 107. It was 112 back in October, but I don't think that drop would count as statistically significant.

Insulin was mentioned, but I pointed out that my BGS drop massively when I stick to LCHF, and asked for a three month stay of execution to get my A1C down with diet and Gliclazide.

The good news is that after 2-3 years of lousy control, abusing my body and sticking my head in the sand, my cholesterol, triglycerides, liver function, kidney function, eyes and feet are all fine.

I consider myself extremely lucky in that respect, so time to sort the diet out and head off future complications.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Keep at it - I think low carb is the only way to get both your insuln and blood sugars down low.
Won't be easy but don't let yourself off the hook because you've got away with no apparent impact on the other markers! Hope that you've dealt with whatever made you 'stick your head in the sand ' too.....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Its heartening to hear that you are now able to see how to change your life for the better. If you stick to low carb and get into that habit of eating I think you will be seeing a much lower HbA1c next time. For some food or meal ideas look at DietDoctor, the infographics for food groups are especially helpful. Also there are a few “what have you eaten today” threads on here for ideas. Best wishes from me.

LeftPeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks guys. Only 10 days in to the new diet, and I managed to register a 4.9 yesterday after walking home from work into a massive headwind! Fasting bloods are still in the 8-10 range, but it's a marathon not a sprint.