diabetic skin rash graniloma annulare diabeties melliteuous

LittleWolf

Re: diabetic skin rash graniloma annulare diabeties mellite

I'm pretty sure my dad and I have it. It's worse in winter but my doctor agrees they are not blisters hives or warts.. Can't help much more than that :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2

hi yes there are many sites it is a rare condition , I was diagnosed by my dermatologist after having a skin biopsy it has taken 4 months to get this result I have been a borderline diabetic for a couple of years now , and I am a diabetic 6.7 hba1c.

granular annulare is caused by glucose intolerance , but I am new to this as I was only diagnosed last week

haven't got a clue what to eat

Lia Jhone

yes my grandma has this same. don't worry for that. Now she taking medicine for that also

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty

Lia Jhone said:
yes my grandma has this same. don't worry for that. Now she taking medicine for that also

To the best of my belief there is NO medication for it and I have the condition and have seen a very good dermatologist.

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2

no there is no treatment for it it is caused by glucose intolerance , I was prediabetic for a couple of years now just over 6.7
but granuloma comes in all sort of skin rashes mine isn't the lumps on the hands or feet ,,, mine is a deep blotchy itchin burning stinging skin rash inflames ,, so cortisol cream with take it away but it will also come back again I guess , my derm is giving me so tablets Friday , bit dubious of them , hope there no steroids cause im 17st now .maybe they suppress my immune system till all inflammation has gone I don't know ,,, but ill let you all know Friday