Diagnosis by text !!!

cya25

So I’ve received a text message from my gp stating I have type2 ( 4 weeks ago ) , appointment with nurse cancelled and rearranged for this week , I have no idea what my levels were , I’ve taken to checking my bloods but my readings seem within prediabetes levels , I had a binge eating disorder and I’ve been dealing with it , on bad days I could eat 12+ chocolate bars and god only knows what else , in 2 months of trying I’ve lost 2 stone , would my hba1c levels change dramatically within a few months …? I don’t understand how it works

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
So I’ve received a text message from my gp stating I have type2 ( 4 weeks ago ) , appointment with nurse cancelled and rearranged for this week , I have no idea what my levels were , I’ve taken to checking my bloods but my readings seem within prediabetes levels , I had a binge eating disorder and I’ve been dealing with it , on bad days I could eat 12+ chocolate bars and god only knows what else , in 2 months of trying I’ve lost 2 stone , would my hba1c levels change dramatically within a few months …? I don’t understand how it works

Hi and welcome to the forums.
The HbA1c test looks at glucose levels over the past 3 months or so but from what I've read, the results are skewed toward the last 6 weeks (approx) so if you've made dramatic changes to your diet you could see a significant change in the test results.