Diane Abbott blames type 2 for her poor performance.

Duncan57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
No doubt you have read the news that Diane Abbott has type 2 diabetes. But what of her claim that her type 2 is to blame for her car crash radio interview. Is she right to blame type 2 for her memory problems? Bear in mind Theresa May is type 1 and seems to cope.

Reactions: Cindysully
C

chris lowe

Thousands of us manage to get on with everyday life with maybe an odd blip. As soon as they said she was ill I knew it would be the big D card. The fact she managed to get re elected just goes to prove you can fool some of the people all of the time

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha Ha! - Sugar, forgot what I was going to say there. Was it 42 or 42000. Oh well.

Reactions: chris lowe

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not being horrible but she is using her T2 diabetes as an excuse.

Cindysully

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well said what a poor thing to say it was down to diabetes!!!! Theresa May is type 1 and she hasn't used that as a excuse I think people are easy to blame it on diabetes but they need to take responsibility for there actions in stead of making excuses!!

asortafairytale

DWED Support
Staff Member
Well said what a poor thing to say it was down to diabetes!!!! Theresa May is type 1 and she hasn't used that as a excuse I think people are easy to blame it on diabetes but they need to take responsibility for there actions in stead of making excuses!!

She was just trying to explain and also I think she is likely keeping some information back. Probably more related to her mental health, and that's her right to keep private. She didn't say she had it easier than Theresa May or even mention her, she's just sharing her own story and being honest about struggling. Nobody should be made to feel they shouldn't speak up about this stuff.