Diaversary?

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
Hey I have a question about your "Diaversary" or "Biabirthday", whatever you like to call it. Do you do anything special or do you just have a normal day? What do you do? Since mine is coming up, did you do something BIG for your first year or do you just go through the day like nothing is happening? Let me know. Thanks!

Reactions: Snapsy

peterjones6000

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Miserable people
My first is next March and I intend to to Pizza shop have a big,big 5 cheese with pepperoni then a big ice cream and a bottle of red wine to wash it all down,,,,,,,Yeah! then I will wake up! It will be just a normal day, and thank the doc and hospital for finding out what my touble was and keeping me alive.

yingtong

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who.kock diabetes
I've had 54 diabirthdays and not far of my 55th,I've never thought about it much,I did get a gold medal on my fiftieth.To be honest I am very happy to have survived this long without any major problems and looking forward to good few more years.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
I''ll celebrate if I make to my 50 diabirthday :-0

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
All I know is that it was in August, no date on my records from North Tees Hospital, so after 27 years, I don't bother, but maybe on my 30th I may go whoop dedoh for still being here lol

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My 30th was this year. I sent myself a congratulations card, and had my besties round for supper. I announced the occasion we were marking and felt a million dollars. I'd never ever even remembered it before, let alone 'celebrated'.

Aiming to share the love with a '30 plus' fundraising run probably in 2018.

And then I'll probably forget about the actual day until I hit the big 50, when I shall be 61!

:):):)

Reactions: T1Dad and robert72

PseudoBob77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To me it wasn't a big deal, couldn't care less what day it's on really. I don't really want to remind myself of the trauma of loising half my body weight through DKA at 12 years old.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Don't do anything to mark the anniversary, but when/if I reach the 50 year milestone I'll be making sure I get a medal from DUK much like @yingtong did :)

Reactions: robert72

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Been diabetic for 26 years plus, I've no idea when i first injected insulin even then to me it was just another day with a slight adaption. Not one for birthdays myself, well not mine so they go by each year un noticed.

Regards

Martin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
To me it wasn't a big deal, couldn't care less what day it's on really. I don't really want to remind myself of the trauma of loising half my body weight through DKA at 12 years old.

It's not losing the weight ( 81/2 stone down to 7 stone 1) it was being diagnosed and lived to tell the tale :happy:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I remember the evening I was diagnosed as if it was last week, and the following day visiting DSN who explained everything and showed me how to inject etc seems like only yesterday.
Problem is it was nearly 26 years ago and I have no idea what the date was.
Best i can offer is it was after Xmas and before Easter.:):):)

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Every celebration requires cake. It will be 1 year for me on 28th January and 1 year for my girl on 2nd February. A cake each! Woohoo.
Now we are talking sensibly. Farm house fruit cake came up in a conversation last night it would serve me just nicely on any occasion.

Regards

Martin

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I remember the evening I was diagnosed as if it was last week, and the following day visiting DSN who explained everything and showed me how to inject etc seems like only yesterday.
Problem is it was nearly 26 years ago and I have no idea what the date was.
Best i can offer is it was after Xmas and before Easter.:):):)
I also remember the first evening as my nurse came round to show me how to test my blood and take my first injection of 30/70 penmix. More importantly that night i slept without waking several times to use the toilet and get a drink, the next morning i woke totally refreshed and felt reborn. That i will never forget.

Regards

Martin

Reactions: T1Dad and KezG

Battleaxe1981

Treatment type
Insulin
My 8year old asked me just the other day what date he was diagnosed. Apparently every year on the 28th July he's going to buy me a present to thank me for saving his life lol (sounds very dramatic but actually he was perfectly fine. Other than the diabetes of course) I'm going to surprise him with a present too. There's gotta be some bonuses to having diabetes right?!

Reactions: T1Dad and KezG

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@rockape37 . So right, I was put on 70/30 pork mixtard and felt almost superhuman for the following months. They didn't tell me it wouldn't last :( but it was such a relief to get back to normal as normal ever is with diabetes.

Samwar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My first was on 8th November and I had a normal day .I could not believe how fast it went x

T1Dad

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Will always remember my daughters Diaversary as it was on my birthday! So I won't be celebrating any more birthday's but will make up for it with these **** Diaversaries. Hopefully one day we will have Diareversary parties as well.