Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Aye, we read it. I suggest you read/view Aseem Malhotra, Ivor Cummins, Sharif Sultan and Malcolm Kendrick just for starters. Or you could search this forum for @bulkbiker 's thread titled Cholesterol and Statins. It is an excellent thread and includes a jaw dropping lecture by Nick Mailer.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, there have been two or three threads about it, but thanks for posting it again as some may not have seen it.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah apologies, I did a quick search before posting but must have missed it.

It doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned. I read & watch a lot on LC/Keto and I think it's the way forwards... well for me.

S

Reactions: Bluetit1802

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the images that accompany the article, they show all the saturated fats sitting on top of slices of toast and contained within batter for fried chicken etc, maybe, just maybe it is not the toppings but what lurks beneath?

Reactions: Guzzler

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried to read the article, but the Graun website hung my iPad.... must be its own comment!

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Mother is a Grauniad reader. Just waiting for her to phone with this "latest bombshell"!

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I started LCHF 3 to 4 months ago.

I'm eating fried bacon, 3 fried eggs a day (all fried in butter), a chunk of fatty meat for my dinner, the only veg I have is 100g of cabbage (covered in salt), a load of cheese, extra thick whipped cream and sugar free jelly

When I had my diabetes review at my GP last month, she was beaming from ear to ear, couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost, how my blood, cholesterol, etc etc had all come down considerably. I told her it was LCHF, she said "just carry on with what your doing,"

My waist has gone from 48" being a tight fit to size 40 being a comfortable fit.

For me, my own results are proof enough.

Reactions: seanj67