1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Diet Doctor Keto Garlic Bread

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Flora123, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Flora123

Flora123 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Is it any good? Has anyone made this with coconut flour instead of almond flour?

Coconut flour would change the texture but wondered which flour was nicer. Thanks.

2. xfieldok

xfieldok Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I use Fat Head Dough to make pizza and garlic bread.

3. mo53

mo53 Type 2 · Expert

@Flora123 I’ve used this recipe a lot and have always used almond flour. The garlic bread is delicious!

4. Flora123

Thanks. I tried it with almond flour last night and it was really lovely. Kids hated the taste - said it tasted like blood!! But they loved the colour . If going to try again with coconut flour as a comparison. My BG was high after it though

5. mo53

mo53 Type 2 · Expert

@Flora123 did you use mozzarella? I use Morrison’s preheated mozzarella which has a couple of carbs in and the garlic and herbs or chives Philadelphia cream cheese. I think as you say the ideal is to test different ingredients until you find the right one for the family

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flora123

Yes I did. What is preheated mozzarella?!

Problem is with making stuff like this, it had made me crave bread today which I wouldn’t normally.

7. mo53

mo53 Type 2 · Expert

@Flora123 sorry I think I was helped by the spellcheck. That should have been preshredded or grated

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook