Diet doctor

Sparkle1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone here subscribe to this website? If you do, why? I am agonising over whether to join or not and would appreciate some feedback.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to but over time didn’t use it enough to justify the payments. So stopped. However it’s a great resource with a huge amount of free content. Try the free month? Subscriptions can be stopped very easily at the click of a mouse.
Andreas is a great guy too so if I had unlimited funds is certainly someone I would support with pleasure.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Exactly wot he said ^^^

Was a member, got a huge amount out of it. Then less so over time, so discontinued subscription. Often recommend it to newbies, because even on the free pages, there is a lot of great info.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a member and it's well worth the money in my opinion- you get access to loads of videos and articles with great info, a lot more recipes and meal plans that non members don't have access to. I like that you can alter the meal plan or make one of your own and it generates a shopping list of exactly what you need. Also if you are on Facebook there is a members only page that you can join that is really friendly.

I also like the idea of supporting a site that doesn't do advertising or push brands down your throat - it's free for the first month anyway so just join up and see if you like it - if you decide it's not for you then just remember to cancel your direct debit.

Try the 2 week get started challenges everything is done for you

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I'm the same as @bulkbiker as if I had the funds to back people in the LC community then I would. Honestly I ended up finding my own way about things but read the articles, it's the support of the forum that ended up forging my way forwards. The free resources do a lot for you already but it may be worth the pitch in of the sub for the meal plans if you want the structure.