Different blood glucose reading

Blue_Star

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Did anyone ever had a higher reading on their blood glucose tester than what they r feeling at that moment?
Cause sometimes my meter shows high levels around 150 mg/dL and above sometimes, yet my hands are shaking and feeling quite hungry like having a hypo!. I go for my what I'm feeling at that moment cause I know when I'm high I get extremely thirsty and loose all hunger.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It sounds like a false hypo. I still get them from time.to time, your body gets so used to high BS that when you start to gain control your body reacts as if it is going too low.

Blue_Star

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It sounds like a false hypo. I still get them from time.to time, your body gets so used to high BS that when you start to gain control your body reacts as if it is going too low.
Thanks very much for your reply. For sometime I've had good control over blood sugar levels and never had highs especially when I'm waking up in the morning. Could b a one off high reading but really I've seen meters show completely different readings in no time so can't completely trust em. My doctor says go for what you feel cause meters can show incorrect readings at times

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes ,I quite often fell "low" but after checking I am within normal range 5-&