Different readings

Jackie006

Hi could someone help me please I have just done my sugar and it was 12.7 I decided to try another finger and that was 12.9 this also happened yesterday could my meter be faulty has this happened to anyone else please

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Its the same for everyone, very rarely would you get the same meter reading twice in a row.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Most meters are accurate to no better than +/- 10%. So successive readings only 0.2 apart at that level is actually very good. If I retest because of a suspected rogue result I tend to average 2 or even 3. Depends on your testing regime and objectives though.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Ok thankyou for that was worried the meter was goin wrong

No its quite normal, if you were test on different meters the difference would be greater :)

If ever in doubt about the meters accuracy and performance do a control solution test as per the manufacturers instructions.

florrieboo48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a reading this morning of 9.1, thought it odd so re did it a minute later and it was 7! My meter is quite new true love, but not trusting the readings. Is there a way of resetting it?