Disappointed with libre trial

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He was offered a trial with one replacement and neither last long enough to actually trial! He really wants to use it. May just pay the money and give it one last try.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

I'm guessing it could be different because you haven't paid for one, but as I said above, I've had no issues getting replacements for mine. Here's what happened with mine:

First one was reading 2-2.5 mmol/l under a finger prick test and was constantly alerting me to hypos that weren't happening
Second one the applicator disintegrated on application and the sensor didn't go in properly
Third one was reading 1 over when my blood was low and up to 4 over when it got above 6
Fourth one same as the third

All four of these sensors came from the same batch and they were all replaced. So far, every one of the replacements (which are from a different batch) have been fine so I think there must have been a bad batch

If you exchange for inaccurate readings, you'll need a reading from a finger prick (which has to be done with an optium strip in the Libre reader) followed by a scan 15 minutes later (due to the latency of the sensor being interstitial fluid reading) and the last time they exchange, they needed 3 separate readings for confirmation. The readings will need to be more than 1.5 apart and after the first 24 hours for them to accept the sensor as faulty

I've put up with having to get replacements due to the fact they swap them out, but if they ever try and wriggle out of a replacement, I'll stop using the Libre - at nearly £50 each, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to work as advertised :)

Reactions: 2 people

Jmeechan

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Rude people
I'm guessing it could be different because you haven't paid for one, but as I said above, I've had no issues getting replacements for mine. Here's what happened with mine:

First one was reading 2-2.5 mmol/l under a finger prick test and was constantly alerting me to hypos that weren't happening
Second one the applicator disintegrated on application and the sensor didn't go in properly
Third one was reading 1 over when my blood was low and up to 4 over when it got above 6
Fourth one same as the third

All four of these sensors came from the same batch and they were all replaced. So far, every one of the replacements (which are from a different batch) have been fine so I think there must have been a bad batch

If you exchange for inaccurate readings, you'll need a reading from a finger prick (which has to be done with an optium strip in the Libre reader) followed by a scan 15 minutes later (due to the latency of the sensor being interstitial fluid reading) and the last time they exchange, they needed 3 separate readings for confirmation. The readings will need to be more than 1.5 apart and after the first 24 hours for them to accept the sensor as faulty

I've put up with having to get replacements due to the fact they swap them out, but if they ever try and wriggle out of a replacement, I'll stop using the Libre - at nearly £50 each, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to work as advertised :)
Thanks think I will give it a go and but one

MaisyMoo10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My son has had two sensors now and within 24 hrs monitor says faulty sensor remove. Anybody else had this problem? Really disappointed as was willing to self fund ourselves

I'm a mum of 6year old newly diagnosed and had a problem with first couple of sensors we had but contacted them they were replaced as we have self funded from start and have used it now for 6 months and only had 1 bad sensor since.
Brilliant indicator to blood direction and helpful during night and school times.