Disappointed

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
HBA1C today 5.8. 6 Months ago 5.7. 12 months ago 6.3.

Was hoping for further reduction but maybe not possible. DN is really happy with me. Sort of a model patient!

All other tests good and weight drop only 2 pounds this time but in one year down from 17 stone to 13.

Was hoping for HBA1C of 5.5 - still ......

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Was hoping for further reduction but maybe not possible. DN is really happy with me. Sort of a model patient!

All other tests good and weight drop only 2 pounds this time but in one year down from 17 stone to 13.

You have shown you are stable, and there is nothing disappointing about that. Well done :) Celebrate.

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin

Wanna swop?

Hehe well done :) standing still once you get good numbers is an achievement to be proud of, and 4 stone lighter? If you could bottle that, youd be rich!

Congratulations!

Pol_Ie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Broccoli
I'm not quite sure why you're disappointed. Most diabetics would kill for those results. Well done !

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
If it ain't really that broke is it worth trying to fix it any further ??

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey @Barrowbakers I know we are all telling you how great you are doing, but when one sets one's mind toward a certain goal, it can be disappointing....but I would just add to all of the above that there is a margin of error on the blood tests - I forget the numbers - so your result could very well be one of those situations. I recently was forced to go for a FBS - the result was 9.8 - at home it had been 7.....just shows you what getting up, fighting traffic to get to the clinic, waiting for 25 minutes to have blood drawn etc. etc. can affect one's numbers. Did it upset me? Not in the least, but it got my NP excited:) So, I guess what I am saying is that numbers can a source of disappointment or just a suggestion of how one is doing.....You are doing extremely well/L

Anniya84

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Food that is killing me slowly
Congratulations! :cat: 5.8 is not bad though - as far as I know that's out of the diabetic range, isn't it! :happy: I have a long way to go from 8.1 a month ago. Will have repeat bloods on Friday, so keeping my fingers and toes crossed. :coldfeet:

Reactions: Peadair O Brionn

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Congratulations! :cat: 5.8 is not bad though - as far as I know that's out of the diabetic range, isn't it! :happy: I have a long way to go from 8.1 a month ago. Will have repeat bloods on Friday, so keeping my fingers and toes crossed. :coldfeet:

Good luck Aniya - in the end I found the low carb diet really worked!