Dishwasher Recommendations

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Our dishwasher broke recently. Can anyone recommend a good-quality-but-not-too-expensive dishwasher? My wife and I are following a keto diet, so something that can cope with fat would be good. I have a feeling that that may have been a contributory factor in the demise of our last one!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My dishwasher is .........

hubby and stepson. (I cant possibly do dishes because of my nails. And no I cant wear gloves because they are latex and I have an allergy)

In all seriousness I would go along and have a look at some in your local electrical store, or online and do a comparison through that. Also factor in that they may charge delivery and connection fees.

A good online company are AO (I'm assuming from the Kent part of your screen name you're in the UK)

Good luck

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Mine is over ten years old (which is good these days) and I have had no bother with it. It is a Bosch, the slim model which is just big enough for a family of three adults. It was not the cheapest but like my old Mum used to say 'You buy cheap, you buy twice'. Good luck.

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks both. Yeah, I should have said, we are in the UK. Our recently deceased model was a Bosch, too, and it has served us well for over ten years, albeit with the odd minor repair along the way.

Reactions: jay hay-char

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another vote for Bosch. We had one which we eventually replaced with a John Lewis machine (therefore in reality an AEG I believe).It's OK but I bet it doesn't last as long and it definitely doesn't clean stuff as effectively. We saved a couple of hundred quid but you get what you pay for.....

Reactions: Colin of Kent

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a staunch Bosch fan usually but I was given a slightly rough round the edges Siemens when I moved into my house and it has surprised me how great it is.

Reactions: Colin of Kent

lorenzos

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but what dishwasher have you chosen finally? I think that before choosing the dishwasher you must clearly understand what you want it to do, what functions you need, what is the size of the dishware is preferable and a lot of other things. It is better to start with reviews of real people on such sources and then move to official websites of brands.