1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Dishwasher Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Colin of Kent, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Colin of Kent

Colin of Kent Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Our dishwasher broke recently. Can anyone recommend a good-quality-but-not-too-expensive dishwasher? My wife and I are following a keto diet, so something that can cope with fat would be good. I have a feeling that that may have been a contributory factor in the demise of our last one!

2. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My dishwasher is .........

hubby and stepson. (I cant possibly do dishes because of my nails. And no I cant wear gloves because they are latex and I have an allergy)

In all seriousness I would go along and have a look at some in your local electrical store, or online and do a comparison through that. Also factor in that they may charge delivery and connection fees.

A good online company are AO (I'm assuming from the Kent part of your screen name you're in the UK)

Good luck

3. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Mine is over ten years old (which is good these days) and I have had no bother with it. It is a Bosch, the slim model which is just big enough for a family of three adults. It was not the cheapest but like my old Mum used to say 'You buy cheap, you buy twice'. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Colin of Kent

Colin of Kent Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thanks both. Yeah, I should have said, we are in the UK. Our recently deceased model was a Bosch, too, and it has served us well for over ten years, albeit with the odd minor repair along the way.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jay hay-char

jay hay-char Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Another vote for Bosch. We had one which we eventually replaced with a John Lewis machine (therefore in reality an AEG I believe).It's OK but I bet it doesn't last as long and it definitely doesn't clean stuff as effectively. We saved a couple of hundred quid but you get what you pay for.....

• Like Like x 1
  6. db89

db89 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am a staunch Bosch fan usually but I was given a slightly rough round the edges Siemens when I moved into my house and it has surprised me how great it is.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steamwolf

steamwolf Type 2 · Newbie

If you can afford it, Meile

• Like Like x 1
  8. lorenzos

lorenzos · Newbie

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but what dishwasher have you chosen finally? I think that before choosing the dishwasher you must clearly understand what you want it to do, what functions you need, what is the size of the dishware is preferable and a lot of other things. It is better to start with reviews of real people on such sources and then move to official websites of brands.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook