Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
I remain unmotivated..

I’ve lost more weight than my doctor believes is healthy..I’ve been suicidal, made plans to do it..

I’m tired, very disillusioned by everything and finding that the diet and testing is simply dragging me down. I’ve tried very hard, my HbA1c is good but the combination of having had two strokes, having fibromyalgia and barely eating has just worn me down to the point of desperation.

Happy days..

bkr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you Katiesgran, I maybe need to look into mindfulness more than I have, I like the idea of it being a valuable coping mechanism. I see how my thoughts regarding visceral fat may have come across, and although Im grateful and fortunate that I dont have an issue there, my frustration was in thinking that would be an area to focus on in order to hopefully reverse my condition yet its not to be. I had all of my hopes pinned on it, which is why I now feel a bit lost & deflated. You're right about counting blessings, thank you for your kind words, I wish you well too.

Dawn - I appreciate the info & link there, Ill read up on this, good information. And yes, the giant fans are a strange one, a slight move of the hands and feet greatly affects stability, makes sense yet seemed much different to the 'real' freefall to me.

KK123, you hit the nail on the head so well. The level of intensity has run its course or so it feels like, I dont check my levels quite as often as I used to as its not in the forefront of my mind as is the past which could mean Im living with it more comfortably or becoming complacent, Im hoping its a positive adjustment, thank you for your positive message, fully absorbed.

JAT1, I agree there are many worse things for sure. I guess we can reflect but only really reference from our own standpoint yet it is wise to consider other situations.

Jim/Lucylocket/Muddikins, along with potential burnout I had wondered if I was suffering from a mild depression as its been hard feeling genuinely 'happy' in myself even though Im fortunate in many ways. I havent explored this avenue yet, your points do make sense though, from your varied angles.

Thanks Brunneria, so true as I posted & read the forums much more once diagnosed as I was on such a learning curve, to absorb as much as I could about diabetes, myself, reading books & discovering exactly what worked best including cutting carbs as much as was possible (although I feel Ive let myself slip) Looking on to 10, 20, 30 years does frighten me if Im honest as Im sure it may do for many of the other great folks on here. Living this full time along side all of the other life tasks & responsibilies can be quite a juggle, its hoping it can all be pulled on successfully, I was interested in your experience of burnout, and that you sound like you've reached it & found strength in yourself many times, which I applaud & hope I can do the same, is this what happens to everyone as time passes I wondered? (your mechanism to cope is a great one as you help so many people through it bless you)

Patrick Im sorry to hear of your struggles, and hope you can absorb some of the kindness in the forum when/where needed (please dont follow the path you spoke of though, no matter how hard, there are folks who can help, and who care)

Best regards & thanks to you all, on with the day