Disturbed sleep

louisemariexo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just having one of those nights tonight, it’s currently 2:24am, I fell asleep around 11pm, and it feels like I have constantly been drifting in and out of sleep for hours and hours, it seems like it should be atleast 5/6am already; but nope! It’s only 2:30.

Feelig slightly sick and have a headache (I have the sniffles of a cold coming on) and so just checked my levels and they’re fine, it was 13.6 before bed and only 7.6 just now.

Why body why are you doing this.

(P.s I’m a newly diagnosed so I am not up to scratch on what gets affected by what)

Is this a normal thing for people?

Last edited:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
It’s a ‘normal’ thing for me if I’ve been caught by one of the pesky T1 disrupting bugs that wage a constant offensive against others.

I think we sometimes become so focused on diabetes that we forget that we’re also affected by common, and sometimes uncommon illnesses. If this is why you’ve had a bad night then I hope it retreats soon. In the meantime keep an eye on your blood sugars, which sound ok during the night.

It may, of course, just have been one of those nights! One when the only thing to do is give in, make a cup of tea and relax.

EllsKBells

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never been a good sleeper, but I do think it has deteriorated post T1.

@NoKindOfSusie makes an excellent point - could worrying about being high be keeping you up? And not feeling well doesn't help either.

Reactions: louisemariexo