Diverticulosis and Diabetes 2 diet

Garooba

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I would like to know of anyone suffering from the above medical conditions please. I need to reduce my Hbac1 level which is 53. I need a diet please for breakfast, lunch and dinner and food to definitely avoid please. If someone can give me a meal plan of what they eat I would be very grateful

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have diverticula disease and have had a few nasty flare up of diverticulitis (this is what the flare up are called not the disease itself) I’ve been in hospital twice with it both before and early on in my T2 diagnosis. I find a keto (very low carb) diet works best for me- I don’t really avoid anything or have a meal plan as such I just usually stick to 20g carbs or less a day. This way of eating is also very beneficial for your diabetes as most of us here can testify. That’s not to say you won’t personally have a trigger food we are all different.

if you google Diet Doctor there is a wealth of info and recipes and meal plans about low carbing also have a good read around the forum lots of tips and ideas on food