Dizzy/fainting/fit

meardonna

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just freaked out my family. Eva my daughter wouldn't get up, normal girl behavior, my husband shouted to get her up, but he wouldn't get up to go get her up, so i got up, i got to the bedroom door, then blacked out came round with Paul my husband and kieran my older son trying to hold me up, i must have went to faint and they caught me i was a bit shaky and wobbly as came back round. They were panickong i was having a fit, i tried daying i wasnt. They started blaming eva so shes now upset. Paul saying it was because I overdone it yesterday, am recovering from 3 lotscof surgery and 7 weeks in hospital on tpn feed. he is worrying that i do that when bes at work and I'm alone. I have dizzy moments but not like that. I told them it was because i hadnt had anything to drink and had no sugar. My bloods are always low in the morning. Im on glyclizide Had a drink feel fine now. But i can't stop them freaking out!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I think that it would be wise to see your GP as soon as you possibly can after an episode such as this. We should never just put things down to Diabetes, any new symptom should be reported. I am glad you are feeling better but don't hope that this is a one-off and will never happen again, instead, get it investigated. Good luck.

Reactions: Leeannea

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds more like blood pressure rather than a sugar related problem. You stood up quickly, and then presumably hurried to the ground zero site, and this sudden increase in stress could have triggered a reaction. I get this sometimes when I stand up suddenly to answer the doorbell, say, and it is quite usual for this to occur after a lengthy period of inertia such as lying in the bed or in a hot bath.

A hypo effect due to gliclazide for a T2D is usually fairly slow acting in my experience, and Glic has a half life in the body of around 6 hours, so will have lost most of its effectiveness if you took the dose the night before say. Also in my experience is that glic needs you to eat carbs to trigger the demand for insulin else it has nothing to make the pancreas produce insulin anyway. I find that taking glic to combat an already elevated bgl is not very effective, and although it is a common held view that glic Forces the pancreas to overstimulate, glic itself does not stimulate anything, it merely amplifies what is there/

I am not a medical person, so I am only giving a peronal experience here. Talk to your doctor about this as there may be other causes to consider.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All fainting episodes, of whatever cause, should be investigated by a GP.. Dizzyness and fainting can be dangerous, if you fall and hurt yourself, or if you are driving and kill yourself. It could be absolutely anything, so please see your GP as soon as possible.

dwr4747

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I fainted a few times and often felt light headed when standing and it ended up being Addison's which can cause low blood pressure due to low blood sodium. I too thought is could be low blood sugar.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My goodness @meardonna just out of hospital after 3 surgeries and on TPN??? Definitely need some investigation there!! Please see GP ASAP......don't dismiss this! Regards/L