DKA symptoms?

HMurg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

I have a few conditions that could cause the symptoms that DKA does. However, I've noticed that I'm getting most of the symptoms of DKA and am constantly feeling dehydrated, am more fatigued than normal, am getting stomach aches every time I eat, am feeling nauseous and I'm peeing more than usual which I thought might have been a UTI but now I'm having my doubts.

However I feel as though I'm nowhere near sick enough to actually have DKA. Should I be taking this more seriously or am I worrying over nothing!

Does anyone know how much ketone testers cost from the pharmacy?

Thank you x

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I have a few conditions that could cause the symptoms that DKA does. However, I've noticed that I'm getting most of the symptoms of DKA and am constantly feeling dehydrated, am more fatigued than normal, am getting stomach aches every time I eat, am feeling nauseous and I'm peeing more than usual which I thought might have been a UTI but now I'm having my doubts.

However I feel as though I'm nowhere near sick enough to actually have DKA. Should I be taking this more seriously or am I worrying over nothing!

Does anyone know how much ketone testers cost from the pharmacy?

Thank you x
DKA in T2 is quite rare to be honest, but not impossible.

Do you test your blood glucose levels?

Ketone finger prick testers can be quite pricey and so are the test strips. You can pick up some ketone urinalysis strips fairly cheap though.

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cigarette smoking and consumption of alcohol.