1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

DLA

Discussion in 'Gestational Diabetes' started by Jak888, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Jak888

Jak888 · Newbie

Hi everyone i have just applied for disability living allowance, was curious to find out if anyone else on here gets it and how much as i am hoping to apply for a motability car
    many thanks
    jak

2. Stuboy

Stuboy · Well-Known Member

Hi,

Dont know much about this sort of thing... but good luck with your application!

Stu

3. candy1567

candy1567 · Well-Known Member

Hi Jak

There is a thread think its called disability benefits which may be of help to you.

Have a read through, as you cant get DLA for diabetes, but you can for complications associated with diabetes.

To be eligable for a mobility car, you have to get the higher rate of the mobility component for 3 continuous years if you lease the car, or for 2 years if you want to buy a second hand car on the scheme there are conditions for buy second hand though, it used to be car has to be under 4 yrs old and have less than 40,000 on the clock, not sure what it is now but you can check on the mobility websties.

It is quite a difficult and daunting process applying for DLA, so shout if i can help

Juliexx

4. candy1567

and the purpose of putting those links here is?

5. tubolard

tubolard · Well-Known Member

I apologise Candy - spamsters and all that, I've been working to delete these posts.

Regards, Tubs.

6. candy1567

cheers tubs

you cant live with them and u cant shoot the buggers!!!!

Juliexx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook