Do apple watches scan libre sensors?

Cherith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey everyone - I'm trying to find out if apple watches scan libre sensors. If they dont scan them, do the libres readings come up on the watch? I'm not tech savy at all.. So any help would be appreciated!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone - I'm trying to find out if apple watches scan libre sensors. If they dont scan them, do the libres readings come up on the watch? I'm not tech savy at all.. So any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

what current set up do you use? Libre 1 or 2?
Phone type? Bluetooth bridge & or 3rd party app?

from what I’ve seen, you can get push notifications to your watch with alarms? But nothing that fancy like a real-time CGM experience with the librelink app?

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an Apple Watch 4 (I think there is now up to 7). I can’t scan or see scan results on my watch but notifications come up on it

derivadow

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Cherith,

I don't know of any Apple Watch apps that allows you to scan a sensor (there's also the practical problem of scanning if your sensor if its on the same arm as your watch).

There are various option for getting your BG data onto your watch - the specifics will depend on your set up (esp Apple vs Android).

Other thing to be aware of - Apple limits how often it refreshes data displayed on 'complications' (to conserve battery life). The exception to this is calendar info which refreshes in realtime. As a result some complications rely on you setting up a dedicated calendar and then subscribing to it. The main thing to be aware of is data security (your BG data will be open)... not all apps work that way, and just accept the data displayed is a little stale.

Reactions: hels

sharonlmartin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The new NightRider BluCon works with Apple Watch to display glucose readings from the FreeStyle Libre and Libre Pro sensors without the need for a phone. This will assist parents of millions of Type 1 diabetic children in monitoring their children's glucose levels while they are away.

Can't find it on the apps search on my iPhone, do you have the link please?