Do I have more than 30 Years?

andi1951

Hi, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 1965, I can't remember not being diabetic! I have traveled the world and done more than most people without diabetes. I have always taken care of myself and kept my blood sugars in good order (if you want to survive you have to) I started my nurse training in 1971 and have enjoyed an extensive career working in more than one country.
Anyway, diabetes needn't be a death sentence, you just need to stick by the rules (most of the time) but don't stop living and don't go to bed worrying about diabetes.

A

Anonymous

Have you read Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution? He's one of the most well known 'old' type 1's and explains how he does it.

BioHaZarD

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't imagine being diagnosed at 16, it must be scary, but read all these posts and you will see its not as bad as you think. Read this forum too, lots of very very good advice from people who have the experience. :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
andi1951 said:
Hi, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 1965, I can't remember not being diabetic! I have traveled the world and done more than most people without diabetes. I have always taken care of myself and kept my blood sugars in good order (if you want to survive you have to) I started my nurse training in 1971 and have enjoyed an extensive career working in more than one country.
Anyway, diabetes needn't be a death sentence, you just need to stick by the rules (most of the time) but don't stop living and don't go to bed worrying about diabetes.

Wow.....47 years is a long time, I like your positive attitude! :)

btw, welcome to the forum.

Reactions: 2 people