Do not read if sensitive!

suzil

Dislikes
rude people, intolerances of different life styles, migraines and getting old!
Does anyone have any problems with quorn? My partner made a wonderful quorn and mushroom pie at the weekend which looked the biz and tasted delicious. Only trouble is I have been windy and effusive in the bottom department ever since. (I did warn those of a sensitive nature!) :oops:

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
possibly, hard to tell when on metformin ... ;)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Try some charcoal biscuits. Safe and effective. However, the Gut does eventually accostom to a higher fibre diet.

Stuboy

Dislikes
Crowds. Being high. Being Hypo.
i have the same problem with vegetables... :( but i love vegetables too much to stop eating them :mrgreen: the rest can suffer hehehe :twisted:

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
I also have the bottom burping problem (new name?!). It's worse with vegetables and some fruits....especially apples. I love apples so people have to put up with it!! :mrgreen: :twisted:

Stuboy

Dislikes
i know a cool poem about bottom burps! LOL

anyway.... i dont think i've even tried quorn... on a serious note, if you look up flatulence on wikipedia then you can read up on what spices and foods actually help with reduceing the gases in the intestinal tract, like cumin, coriander...

Maybe you could try including these foods and spices in your meals with quorn somehow?

Trinkwasser

Stuboy said:
anyway.... i dont think i've even tried quorn

It's worth a try, I started using it for spaghetti sauces and the like when the only beef we could get had died of old age and then been rejected by the shoe factory. I still use it on occasion, it is kind of like what tofu should be like but never was, and tends to taste of whatever you cook it with.

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
ahhhh - there are so very many virtues to tofu ... except that I have NEVER found a way to make it taste good.

quorn is hugely versatile and as well as the raw "mince" or "pieces" (which now come in more variety than ever before) many of the ready-made products are suitable of a reduced carb lifestyle ... however, watch out for the breaded stuff *shudders*

although it contains free range egg white (therefore not vegan but very vegetarian) it is an excellent way of adding texture and protein ... some find it a little too carby, but I think it's fine :)

*frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttt*

gillyh

Dislikes
arrogant drivers/people, ill mannered people, cruelty to people and animals, condescention
Okay Stuboy what's the poem? Or is it too rude for the site? :lol:

Stuboy

Dislikes
i dont think so...

If your bottom burps in public try to say in time,
goodness gracious what a wiff! It doesn't smell like mine!

:mrgreen:

gillyh

Dislikes
Loved it Stuboy!! I'll have to try that one. Drive my sister nuts!!! :lol:

Jenny

Quorn is fungi. Mushrooms are fungi. Why would you want mushroom and mushroom pie? Maybe its an overdose which could mean that there is not mush room inside.

suzil

Dislikes
rude people, intolerances of different life styles, migraines and getting old!
Very good jenny
:lol:

gillyh

Dislikes
Chronic but funny Jenny :lol: