Do others find this

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
In this stupidly hot heat I am finding I am completely wiped out.
So much so I was struggling at 7.30 am this morning. My arms were heavy as lead and felt tired.
I don’t think my sugars go high in the heat.
But I ended up having sweets because I just couldn’t function. Not good but I had to work.
I had 1.5 litres of water (with pink salt lemon slice and cucumber) by 1pmish.

Didn’t sleep well as was too hot overnight but even yesterday I felt absolutely exhausted. This is not a new thing. Since before I was diagnosed by a few months (so assuming was already diabetic but didn’t know) I have struggled in the heat.
The only thing I’m good for is lying down and doing absolutely nothing.
I can’t keep eating sweets to get through the day. but just wondering if this was a diabetic thing.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In this stupidly hot heat I am finding I am completely wiped out.
So much so I was struggling at 7.30 am this morning. My arms were heavy as lead and felt tired.
I don’t think my sugars go high in the heat.
But I ended up having sweets because I just couldn’t function. Not good but I had to work.
I had 1.5 litres of water (with pink salt lemon slice and cucumber) by 1pmish.

Didn’t sleep well as was too hot overnight but even yesterday I felt absolutely exhausted. This is not a new thing. Since before I was diagnosed by a few months (so assuming was already diabetic but didn’t know) I have struggled in the heat.
The only thing I’m good for is lying down and doing absolutely nothing.
I can’t keep eating sweets to get through the day. but just wondering if this was a diabetic thing.
I think it is just normal in the heat, particularly if it is also humid. Even my dog hasn't got any energy. Eating sweets doesn't sound like a good remedy, drinking plenty of water might be a better solution.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Buy a cheap pedestal fan from Amazon UK and have that blowing around in your bedroom it will keep your cool.

Here in the sub tropics of Australia (less than 400 klms from the Tropic of Capricorn) where I live. I have both ceiling fans and air conditioning at home, got a couple of pedestal fans in the shed that I got at Bunnings for less than $20.00 each fo a bit of localised cooling when needed.

Reactions: EllieM