Do you ever think how your life would have turned out if you didnt have type 1 diabetes

WWilson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who knows how things would have turned out,
I may have had children if my consultant had now warned me of the difficulties of pregnancy.
I would certainly not be partially sighted due to retinopathy & would probably still be working.

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have only had diabetes for about 10 months now, and have not made any choices (other then meal choices) based on diabetes. I am hoping that this always remains this way. Perhaps the only choices i can imagine making based on diabetes is where i would go on holiday.. South America is seeming less likely, incase something happens to my insulin. But thats about it, and that may change once i get more confident with my diabetes.

EDIT - Actually, I did sell my motorcycle because it sat for about 3 months after i was diagnosed, and i didn't feel confident that i could keep my sugars stable the entire rides, so i sold it. BUT now that i have things in much better control i plan on looking into buying another one. But i think that decision was just a safe move overall, so don't regret it.