1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

do you have a hobby ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by WackyJacky64, Mar 20, 2020.

1. WackyJacky64

WackyJacky64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I thought with the virus overtaking our lives I would start this thread to lighten the mood and give us something else to share .
    My hobby is not to everyone's taste . I collect reborn dolls .
    I first started 25 years ago when I got my first one , over the years I have collected 14 .
    My most recent ones are full body silicone babies , I have rooted the hair and eyelashes . I just enjoy buying clothes and dressing them . This is Rebeccah she is full body silicone she be bathed, I rooted her hair and eyelashes took me 14 hours to do over two days .
    90482586_1375091632670281_4649013583491891200_o.jpg

2. MarkHaZ123

MarkHaZ123 · Well-Known Member

My hobbies are going to every Sunderland game and also cycling. In the summer I tend to be out every night and every weekend

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. WackyJacky64

WackyJacky64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

that's brilliant hope you get to do those things when we are allowed to live life normally again .
    Me and my hubby love walking and camping , hope this virus does one so we can enjoy those things again .

4. wolfie11969

wolfie11969 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Reading (see the book thread)
    Internet shopping (I do get into trouble often lol)
    And I play a silly little internet game on facebook

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welshman1952

Welshman1952 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Mine is birding. I'm still hoping to get out a bit as the reserve I visit is hardly known by the locals so I have perfect solitude Shelduck%201%20-%2012.01.2018%20-%20Isley%20Marsh.jpg Great%20White%20Egret%20-%20Ham%20Wall%20-%2025.10.2016.jpg.jpg GS%20Woodpecker%203%20%20(juvenile)%20-%2007.06.2017.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Welshman, I have a photo of a Mallard almost identical to yours, taken at Slimbridge. I actually did a double take, looking at yours.

Hobbies for me? Sailing, travel, gardening and making ridiculous things involving a sewing machine. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Welshman1952

Welshman1952 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well if it's identical to mine then it's a shoveler not a mallard.

It's been a long time since I've been to Slimbridge and next weekend we were due to be going on a birding holiday to Minsmere with a call in on the way. Looks like CV has scuppered that happening. Still on the plus side the sand martin's are returning and they don't care about the pandemic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rockman

Rockman Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My hobbies are going fishing and also cycling motorbike. I tend to be out every weekend.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook