1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Do You Prefer Androids, Basic Or Iphones?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 22nw22, Jul 16, 2018.

1. 22nw22

22nw22 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just random, what phone do you prefer to use?

2. Derbyshire Boy

Derbyshire Boy · Well-Known Member

I much prefer Android these days. Until late last year, I had what I thought at the time was a really good Nokia/Microsoft Windows-based phone.

Big mistake. I'd only had it less than a year when the b****y thing died on me. Never again. I notice that even Nokia/Microsoft no longer produce Windows phones, preferring to use Android instead.
    :shifty:

3. PourSomeSugarOnMe

PourSomeSugarOnMe Type 2 · Member

iPhone all the way here. Apple trapped me and I now have my iPod, iPad, phone and Mac linked up together. I’m a graphic designer so Apple are made for me (although I use PC at work and have one at home too).

4. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

5. steamwolf

steamwolf Type 2 · Newbie

I had a Samsung Android phone once. I got tired of taking the battery out every two or three days to reboot the thing when it froze completely, usually when using the satnav app in the middle of a city.
    Prior to that I had an iPhone, which never failed in any way.
    Subsequent to the Samsung, I have had three iPhones, none of which ever gave a moment of trouble. My only gripe is that the latest iPhone is ridiculously expensive, so I am keeping this one for a few extra years after the contract ends.
    Same with my PC. After years of Windows machines and endless blue screen shut downs, I bit the bullet and went iMac.
    30 seconds to boot, and not one fail in 5 years, plus free operating system upgrades!

6. Addyb

Addyb · Active Member

I had iphones all the way to IP4 and then got tired of iOS and the walled nature of it all. Android all the way since then. I change my phone quite a lot (twice a year) had the Nokia 8 and currently the samsung s9 this year.

7. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I love androids. We got our first one about 10 years ago to help with general cleaning and cooking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I would love an iPhone but can't afford one, or a MacBook. I have an Android phone that syncs with my Chromebook and now with my new Nook Android. They sync with each other -- creeps me out sometimes when I start to do a Google search on one device and find a list of previous searches from one of the other devices.

9. richyb

richyb Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have a cheap contract android phone G3. Works ok. Just £8 a month. I recently uninstalled Google Chrome and put on internet explorer BRAVE. Also using DuckDuckGo for search. Phone has speeded up a lot

10. Daniely

Daniely · Member

Both like ,:angelic: but I've been using android for the longest time .

11. margarett89

margarett89 Family member · Member

I used iphne for about 3 years. In March I changed my phone for android. I was afraid of this, but I do not feel any difference :) a matter of habit

12. Silkroad77

Silkroad77 Type 1 · Member

I've been android and like it very much, and wouldn't think of changing to another OS.
    Also-to a certain extent you have more options to customise Android and more options to install 3rd party apps.
    For me customisation is important.
    Also recently there has been a lot of criticisms of Apple products-even if you google Apple vs Android, so I don't see any reason of changing to Apple.
    BTW I'm not criticising any Apple users here-just saying that I prefer Android.

13. 22nw22

22nw22 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Android

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook