Doctors notice of prescribed test strips stopped

Goonerboy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have recently received a notification from my doctors informing me I'm no longer eligible for prescribed test strips as I don't come under the necessary qualified patients.
Is this something other members have experienced and are there grounds for an appeal ?

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I,m afraid that people who are type2 have either been refused 5est strips or who have them prescribed, are finding now that gp,s will or have already stopped issuing them. I agree that type2,s on Insulin or on meds that cause low bs levels are issued with them.
As there are thousands if not a he'll of alot more people that are now type2, gp surgeries are unable to afford to issue test strips.
I am type2, I self fund my test strips, I buy the codefree ones because they are one of the cheapest to buy.
As far as I am aware, no meter is 100% accurate.
As I am on benefits, I would love to get free test strips, but I do feel there has to be a stop of time where type2,s in getting free test strips.
Now I more or less have my levels stable, I do test less often, I used to test 9 times aday. I know what spikes me, so I avoid these foods. I will test more often if I am feeling unwell