Doctors visit

Soo2

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

I went to the doctors this morning and told him about glucose in my wee . I have to go for a HBA1c test. He said he was almost certain I was diabetic but needed bloods checking . He dipped my wee and I had glucose ++++ . I haven't had any breakfast or anything to eat because I was running late .
He is also going to ring my nephrologist as this alters my treatment for CKD4

Any advice on the blood test I am having or on anything would be very much appreciated please .

Ps I told him that I had got the advice from this forum to come visit my gp and he said " Forums are invaluable for help and advice " . So there you go .....you are all invaluable !!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@Soo2 Well done for seeing your GP. The HbA1c test is where they take a sample of blood from your arm for analysis in a lab. the tests give a reading of the average of your blood sugar levels over the last 8-12 weeks, the length of time it takes for your red blood cells to be replaced. Sugars attach to the red blood platelets.
It usually takes about 3-5 days for your GP surgery to get the results, but can take up to 7 days.
If your GP surgery doesn't have online access to your medical records, hand in a letter to the receptionist when you go for the blood test requesting a printout of your test results.

Reactions: Soo2

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Soo2 It is good that you went to GP and are getting it sorted. Ditto to what @Prem51 said but would add that you possibly should check with your surgery if they require a fasting blood test or not as some do and others don't.

Reactions: Soo2