Documentary: "Low Carb Diet: Fat or Fiction?"

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just found this Aussie documentary (on a free view site - no sign up or money required), wondering if anyone else has watched it? I'm 5 minutes into it and already Prof Tim Noakes has featured heavily - which is lovely, though I'm a bit worried there's a pseudo-science debunking coming along the way.

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/low-carb-diet-fat-fiction/

Reactions: Guzzler

SockFiddler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, actually, I found that, apart from the incredibly patronising fellow in his office, "It's a fad, it's too restrictive, the long-term impact isn't known, we don't NEED carbs but we like them etc etc", everyone was given a fair crack of the whip. There was no hysteria or sensationalising, the science was a little simplified but honest and easy to follow, and a few of the loudest advocates for Low Carb were given a fair chance to make their point.

I was somewhat astonished to hear a dietician advocate LCHF for some of her patients - though naturally that came with a "No one size fits all" warning. But that's cool - isn't that what most of us argue, too? Why we have different targets and levels and all that?

I was actually very pleased with it, all in all, and might well send a link to my GP (incredibly supportive of LCHF) and my DN (an NHS Company Girl).

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for posting Sock. Well balanced piece and I'm a great fan of Dr Peter Bruckner. Sensible straight talking guy who knows his stuff.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the link it sounds interesting, I will watch it later when the grandchildren are at the park.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Smashing video, thanks for posting.

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the link. Agree with Bulkbiker. Balanced presentation of information.