Type 2 Does anybody use Nutribullet?

nualasdad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks.

Conventional wisdom says diabetics should not use juicers and blenders.

Nutribullet claim that their blender extracts the nutrition and can actually help diabetics reduce blood sugar.

Has anybody had positive results with the nutribullet?

Does anybody use it more than once a day?

Reactions: 2 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
I would use one if I could afford it. I believe they are better than juicers, because juicers take out the fibre.

Why should diabetics not use juicers and blenders? Many of the veges used don't contain a lot of carbs or sugars.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would love one to puree my cauliflower in. It would really depend what you put in it as to how much your BS would benefit. I do know one person who owns one and he uses it everyday, he loves it.

dizzydiana

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
Hi folks.

Nutribullet claim that their blender extracts the nutrition and can actually help diabetics reduce blood sugar.

I have been using nutribullet for 5 weeks . It's brilliant. At first I found I was using too much fruit so now I'm using 80per cent veg with sensible fruit/seeds/nuts. It has helped me control my eating habits. I have juice for breakfast juice for lunch then evening tea I have a lovely balanced meal. Before this I found I was snacking binging craving all the wrong things I am feeling the benefit already. I don't crave sweet cakes biscuits puddings anymore .

Reactions: 4 people

dizzydiana

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

I have been using nutribullet for 5 weeks . It's brilliant. At first I found I was using too much fruit so now I'm using 80per cent veg with sensible fruit/seeds/nuts. It has helped me control my eating habits. I have juice for breakfast juice for lunch then evening tea I have a lovely balanced meal. Before this I found I was snacking binging craving all the wrong things I am feeling the benefit already. I don't crave sweet cakes biscuits puddings anymore .
My blood sugars are just starting to come down, as I'm only diabetic 4 months and still learning a lot

mogzilian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks.

I don't use it but I've read a lot about them and they look really good - but expensive. Maybe one day soon!

jgordon5

Hi folks.

Yes, I've had very positive results and it's helped to lower my BG levels. I use more veg than fruit and it's best to use organic produce as otherwise you're giving yourself quite a lot of pesticides. I make, a really nice gazpacho for dinner and I have a smoothie for breakfast too. I feel better, have more energy and more stable blood sugars. Also I add different seeds and nuts and quite often spirulina and chloroplasts powder too. Love it!

Reactions: 2 people

jgordon5

Hi

Likewise, it's stopped food cravings and snacking.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Daphne917

I love a good blitz.

Mackerel pate, soup, low carb cheese sauce, low carb ice cream and, of course, the divine green smoothie!

If you do a forum search you will find many, many, green-smoothie/nutribullet/vitamix threads (and i chip in on most of them). You will find a few recipes too.

Although, personally, i would never touch a 'normal' fruit smoothie. It would spike my bg into the stratosphere. I'm definitely a green smoothie 60:40 veg:fruit girl.

antmeal

Hi folks.

I have one and used it furiously for the first couple of weeks, after that I just use it when I need a quick 'snack' or sometimes I make it into a main replacement meal. I find it wonderful, easy to use and well worth the price paid and I have noticed a blood sugar reduction, so if you can afford it, by all means get one. After I bought mine I found that there were lots of cheaper brands coming on to the market, but I can't comment on their effectiveness.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use a magimix blender for green smoothies, which I find brilliant, and am amazed how much I love them - great way to get loads of raw veggie nutrients into you and I find it's a good way to eat fruit as a diabetic as the berries I add to the smoothie don't spike me - I go for around 75% veg and 25% berries.