Does anybody with T1 not get hypos

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I think that's fake news. Nocturnal hypoglycemia happens and can be serious. Took the life of a female softball star at the University I attended, and a high school senior when my daughter went there. I've "awakened" probably 4-6 times with paramedics in my bedroom giving me D50 intravenous. I figured out a way to avoid/prevent it but it is a danger we all have the potential to face.
How did the paramedics know you were having a sleeping hypo? Presumably if the hypos don't wake you up, it just appears that you are still sleeping?
How would I know if a hypo wakes me up?

Glucobabu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How did the paramedics know you were having a sleeping hypo? Presumably if the hypos don't wake you up, it just appears that you are still sleeping?
How would I know if a hypo wakes me up?
The unfortunate truth is, you do wake up on some occasions from terrible nightmares all sweaty and groggy and if you have any brain function you will head for sugar/glucose. While on other occasions you will sleep straight through and come out of stupor after your liver has managed to dump some glucose in an attempt to correct your blood glucose level. This doesn’t always happen though and —this may sound terrible, but fatalities, however rare, have been reported as a result of severe night hypos. The only insurance against this is a watchful spouse or partner. On the positive, I have read that new CGM systems with alarms are on the horizon now.

cymraes

I can't answer the question because I don't really know what we're talking about.

Is it a hypo when I feel all shivery and sweaty and start talking total nonsense, in which case yes every few days. Or are we talking about when you lie there with the world turning a purple blue colour and unable to speak at all? (Only once ever, easily the worst) Or just when you feel all exhausted for no reason, test, it says 3.9 and you neck some lucozade and spend the rest of the afternoon terrified you've overdone it and will end up back in hospital? (Once a week maybe) Or does it only count when you wake up in the middle of the night and you can't even really remember what's going on or what to do about it. (Three times to date, really nasty)

Also is it not likely that you aren't feeling bad because you're not trying to match carbs to insulin and probably running really high the whole time?

Also nobody ever tells me I'm awesome so I'd take em where you can get em.
But NoKindOfSusie, YOU ARE AWESOME because, from what you have said, you are coping with this challenging condition. Look your diabetes in the face & tell it that you will control it & it will not control you; always remember that none of us is perfect, we are human, we are here & we are going to give diabetes a good kicking! WE ARE AWESOME!