Does anyone else hate having to take insulin?

pj09

I HATE HAVING TO TAKE MY JABS (insulin). I have to take my jabs 4 times a day and I find it really hard to put a needle into me. Does anyone else feel like this or find it hard to do their jab? Please reply . :cry: :D

iHs

pj09 said:
I HATE HAVING TO TAKE MY JABS (insulin). I have to take my jabs 4 times a day and I find it really hard to put a needle into me. Does anyone else feel like this or find it hard to do their jab? Please reply . :cry: :D

Hi Pj

I too would love not to have to inject insulin so many times or do bg tests but unless I inject insulin I will be at the tap all day drinking gallons of water and forever on the loo and feeling fairly i

Injecting insulin with a smaller 4mm pen needle is good and if you inject your background basal insulin in the side of your bum it shouldn't sting. Also inject the insulin slowly as that can help. Bolus insulins can also be injected in your upper side arm so you don't have to use your tummy if you don't want to especially if you find it tender and bruise easy (many people find this).

Another thing for you to think about and question your dsn or consultant is to try twice daily insulins which might make managing your diabetes easier for you and you won't need to do so many injections then.

With time you will find living with diabetes easier so be grateful that diabetes is invisible. That is what makes me thank my lucky stars :)

Fallenstar

I think I just accept it is what I have to do. The actual injections ,blood testing none of that has ever bothered me, the practicality of it. And there are many people a **** site worse off than me out there and I thank my lucky stars for this everyday.
When people have said to me it must be awful having to inject yourself all the time...that to me is not the drawback to Diabetes, for me the thing that bothers me the most is the incovenience of it, trying to gain good control along with being very busy and active can be a hard balance.
I don't ever let it stop me from doing anything that I would have done before I got it but sometimes it does just " Bore the living daylights " out of me having to always consider and plan for it if that makes sense.
The actual injections ,tests ect are nothing to me compared with this...but thats just me :D

pj09

Thanks for replying. Knowing that there are other people who feel the same as me out there really helps me to feel more confident on my Jabs. Thanks.