Does anyone else have a problem.....

lauren_gee_x

Does anyone else have a problem getting a doctors appointment??
In m surgery you have to phone at 8am to get a same day appointment. So this morning at 8:05 I was told nope no appointments, firs available me will be next Thursday! What blinking good is that to someone who needs to see a doctor asap xx

sdgray22

Dislikes
Loud Music, Confrontations, blood and gore on the TV
Mine too, if you need to see a specific Doctor, often their appointments are gone in the first half hour of ringing and often it takes you that long to get through. If you don't mind seeing whoever is free you can usually get an appointment, but that's often not great I like to see the same one if possible at least you get some continuity. But yours sounds far worse and I get frustrated with mine!!!

FractalFragger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i can just go and sit in the waiting room at my doctors surgery and will be seen that day

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
lauren_gee_x said:
Does anyone else have a problem getting a doctors appointment??
In m surgery you have to phone at 8am to get a same day appointment. So this morning at 8:05 I was told nope no appointments, firs available me will be next Thursday! What blinking good is that to someone who needs to see a doctor asap xx

My surgery is the same where you have to ring first thing in the morning, they do however operate emergency sessions for an hour in the morning and again in the afternoon for patients who feel they need to urgently seen on the day.

lauren_gee_x

FractalFragger said:
i can just go and sit in the waiting room at my doctors surgery and will be seen that day

That's what's plan to do n Monday if they don't I've me a appointment on Monday morning xx

iggy-lil

Dislikes
rude people
If you want to see a certain GP then we do have to book an appoinment or risk walk in but then dont always get to see GP of your choice.

catza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I guess I'm lucky as my GP's Group Practice has set up on-line booking for appointments, with the pressure off the phone lines it makes phoning in a lot quicker. I can usually get an appointment for the GP of my choice the next day or at least within 24 hours. We have around 12 Doctors plus different Nurse led clinics so I guess the switchboard was suffering from a melt down.

Truffle

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Someone who knows it all.
I tried to get an appointment for my child - not a dire emergency but something that needed treatment - I was told the first available one was in three weeks time. Nothing I said made any difference and when I complained the receptionist told me I could always look for a new practice if I was unhappy. I took her down to the hospital drop in center - I'm very lucky to have one - and they gave her antibiotics etc. but next time I will say it is an emergency regardless of what the problem is! :roll:

shop

Not on your own Lauren I had to book over 2 weeks in advance.

Lucy.

I am about to post about my own experience at the Drs today. :(

Defren

I don't usually have a problem. Phone at 8am and ask if the Doctor I want to see is available, and if he is on duty that day then I never have a problem. If he is not on duty that day, he will be the next so I just wait 24 hours, then call at 8am and get an appointment.

desidiabulum

Phone 7.59am -- (engaged) press redial (engaged) press redial (engaged) press redial. Do it non-stop maybe 30 times and you will get through in time to make an appointment. Works for me in a similar surgery...

A

Anonymous

same here always not able to get a appointment even if you get in early, but I always just ask if my dr can call me back the same day he normally does, had trouble getting though the reception staff one day so complained about them phone the following wk and my dr phone me back within 5 mins.i was acting as if I was having a hypo think that helped that day, as she said you are diabetic was seeing my dr in 1/2 hr.thats the way to do it. :clap:

claymic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
at my surgery they take pre bookable appointment for the next two weeks but usually these are always taken :eh: so that it is back to calling at 8.00am and hoping to get one :(