1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Does anyone find that cannabis helps with their diabetes?

Discussion in 'Diabetes Medication and Drugs' started by Jkeydj420, May 11, 2016.

1. Jkeydj420

Jkeydj420 Type 1 · Newbie

With all of the new research being done into the endo and Exo cannabinoid systems and how they can play a part in helping many ailments I was wondering if anyone has found cannabis to have a positive effect on their diabetes (be that with helping tame irratic blood glucose levels, with neuropathy pain, for any eye problems) and of so what was your method of consumption (cannabutter, oil (cbd/thc) or the old fashioned smoking)

2. bobrobert

bobrobert Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Are you expecting an honest answer? It is an illegal drug???

3. Billy Ruffian

Billy Ruffian Type 2 · Well-Known Member

From my own experience many years ago, I'd hesitate to experiment on my T2 with weed. Or resin, as was more common in those days (and yes, I inhaled). For me, the munchies would be my downfall. However, if the desired effect on blood glucose comes from a non-psychoactive compound, I'd happily give it a go.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook