Tablets (oral)
..... is it any good?
IMG_4761.jpg

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I gave up on diabetic recipe books. Found them too high carb for me.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
No I for one don't I find loads of ideas and recipes via google and other search engines and visit diet doctor site often.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Evie-D

Yes, I found this recently and thought it was great! I follow a low carb diet and found some great low carb recipes in it. Will be using some for Christmas!

Reactions: Flora123

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

Not in my library. Though I have found some reviews on Amazon for this book. Which may help?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Type-Diabe...ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=1

Looks like you found this book in a shop. @Flora123 . Did you get a chance to flip through a few pages?

As mentioned, the Diet doctor website has some trusted recipes with the carb content evaluated..

I was in a rush but the couple of pages I saw looked pretty low carb, although someone mentioned above it was per 100g.

I don use online but I do like a good old fashioned book from time to time. Thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was in a rush but the couple of pages I saw looked pretty low carb, although someone mentioned above it was per 100g.

I don use online but I do like a good old fashioned book from time to time. Thanks

Oddly, one of the comments in the reviews on the link I gave you said simalar regarding "per 100g."
I'm not sure how LC the book actually is it mentions in the logo (bottom left sugar & gluten free.) & wheather you planned the book as a gift..
Never judge a book by cover & all that.. But the cover art puts me in mind of the sort of T1 literature I was given as a kid? (But that's just me with the irony of "Janet & John have diabetes.") ;)

If it's a purchase for you? By all means give these recipies a go, let us know how you faired with some carb content & BG results in the menus?

This forum always need "pioneers" regarding new finds.. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Flora123