Does Anyone here suffer with IBS

jenrose

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
very cold and very hot weather
Yes, I have had IBS for years but in 2005 food was going right through me and they did a scan and told me I had diverticular disease. I was told to eat soluble fibre for this. Lots of people have diverticular disease but don't have problems. I thought I would have problems when I was prescribed Metformin but did not but since stopping one a day two years ago and then the one a day I was taking until a year ago I have had nothing but problems and at present am on antibiotics for a flare up and started on a liquid diet for a few days. You might have the diverticular disease as well ? this is discovered when they do a scan for bowel cancer. Ask your doctor about this?

merrym

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
most shellfish
holy mother of god its awful :( went to docs yesterday and they said i have IBS. they also said this a year ago. but just before christmas my belly swelled up and i was feeling pain and bloating for weeks. now its not so bad but i get really bad cramps and constopation then the total opposite. truing the mebreven and buscopan. but not a lot of good. who else has it and what do you do?
Hi Turvel. I don't have pain but I do have urgency, regularly. No pun intended. I find taking probiotics help. I also try to stay hydrated, I drink about 7 glasses of water a day and oh, about 3-4 cups of coffee, maybe (half caff not full caffeine). As well, I drink peppermint tea daily, I just started about two weeks ago, I truly find it soothing. I hope you are feeling better soon, it's no fun being in pain of any sort.

ChloeType2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suffer from terrible IBS. I was on lansoprazole but dint work for me. I'd be in chronic pain all the time and nothing ever seemed to help. I am currently taking no medication for my IBS as I don't want it to interfere with my Metformin and my BS results.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My IBS was actually wheat intolerance. No wheat = no IBS. It is worth a try to cut it out.

Reactions: 2 people

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I have IBS, have had it for a lot of years. Over the years I have had two very minor operations. It flares up from time to time. I don't have constipation, I get terrible pains then have to run to the toilet.
I can't eat green lettice, it gives me terrible pains.
In the last few days have decided it was time I took my diabetes seriously. So, it's good bye to my favourite roasted root veg, and white bread. Lots more veg and some fish. I love fruit and veg but in the pass too much has triggered the IBS. If it does again I'm in trouble.