Does anyone know about ecg tests?

sec123

Hi,
I had an ECG done and it came back as 'borderline ecg' as there was 'anterolateral T wave abnormality is nonspecific'. I was told my ECG was normal but I'm just wondering what the T wave thing means and is my ecg actually abnormal?
Thankyou

Jo123

Sorry I don't know but book an appointment with your gp and ask these questions if you are concerned.
Try not to worry in my experience when your heart is concerned the nhs are very thorough.

gwai84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Everyone's ECG is different - T wave changes can be normal or abnormal depending on your age, gender, anatomy, genetics, medical history, and lots of other factors.

I suspect the "anterolateral T-wave abnormality" and "borderline ECG" comments were the ECG machine's own interpretation. These machine interpretations are very unreliable - healthcare professionals interpret them themselves for this reason. If the person you saw wasn't worried then I'd be reassured, but if you're still concerned I agree that you could see your GP to discuss it and/or repeat one.

Hope this helps!

sec123

Everyone's ECG is different - T wave changes can be normal or abnormal depending on your age, gender, anatomy, genetics, medical history, and lots of other factors.

I suspect the "anterolateral T-wave abnormality" and "borderline ECG" comments were the ECG machine's own interpretation. These machine interpretations are very unreliable - healthcare professionals interpret them themselves for this reason. If the person you saw wasn't worried then I'd be reassured, but if you're still concerned I agree that you could see your GP to discuss it and/or repeat one.

Hope this helps!

It does thankyou very much :)