Does Diabetes make you itchy ?

Macular1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cheerful people
A little update.

Tried moisturiser with little effect but by chance was given a shower gell with locked in moisturiser for xmas.

Its Avon senses xtreme 2 in 1 and seems to be doing the trick, I just use a dab of canestan about every three days now, so well pleased.

Had my second Hba1c and have dropped from 85 to 50 mmol/mol in 11 months.

Think I'm getting there!!!

Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thrush is common and responds well to caneston, but when apparently gone keep use moisturizer, it performs a barrier and helps to keep it away, it is best to use perfume free or sensetive

Sounds daft, but use athlete foot powder on the itchy parts after bathing. The same fungi cause athles foot that causes thrush. Scholl make a good foot powder. Use for prevention not just cure.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Look after skin with oily bath. Get some Diprobase cream on prescription to use as soap substitute. Get doublebase gel on prescription to use on wet skin after bathing, then pat dry. Cotton or silk clothes next to skin. Keep cool, drink lots of water.

millysue

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
How very interesting, I get very itchy, I scratch the front of my legs till they bleed. Somtimes I feel I have nits in my hair. I have never thought it could be connected to my diabetes.
Note to self, buy a test meter this weekend, dont waite for tuesday and blood results. Must take control.
Thank all.
Cheers Millysue