Riley124

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So in May i was put on levemir and novorapid. My problem is with Levemir. I was on a single dose of 16 units at night but it only lasted me 16 hours so i got tired and went off the insulin altogether and switched to a premixed insulin (Humalog mix 50).
My control with premixed insulin has been horrible so i decided to give levemir another shot now in September. I decided to start with a split basal dose to have even coverage. To be on the safe side i went with 6u and 6u for morning and evening shots at 7am and 7pm.
NOW the problem is. LEVEMIR IS ACTING SO WEIRD IN MY BODY. It starts dropping me right as i inject it. Which is totally not how it should act. And it keeps dropping me for the first 4 hours and then somewhat levels off. The drop that happens in thpse 4 hours is drastic. Like a whole 100mg/dl.
My basal requirement with my premixed insulin was 21 units per day but with levemir im on 12 units and maybe about to go even down. This just doesnt look right. What am i doing wrong???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220923-230654_Glimp.jpg
    Screenshot_20220923-230654_Glimp.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 130

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is there any possibility that you're injecting Novorapid instead of Levemir @Riley124 It's easy to mix pens up.